Well removing a layer of skin is a fantasy, but you don’t believe there is a procedure called Skin Polishing matching the fantasy. The procedure begins with microdermabrasion treatment that helps in exfoliating the dry and dead layer of the skin, using very tiny and refreshing crystals. It reverses years of damage happened to your skin.
Skin polishing is also termed as skin-brightening or skin exfoliation or microdermabrasion.
What is Microdermabrasion Treatment?
Microdermabrasion is one of the most popular skin polishing treatments. It is a minimally invasive treatment for removing the dead and dry layer of the skin. This is also a less expensive way of revealing the healthier layer of the skin.
This skin polishing treatment brings out the radiance, so that one may relish the youthful glow and radiance on the skin. There are various ways of restoring the skin with youthful radiance and glow. Some of the most popular ways include- Botox and Dermal Fillers. But, a microdermabrasion treatment is less expensive as compared to the other forms of treatment.
Who Requires A Microdermabrasion Treatment?
There are a certain set of people who require a microdermabrasion treatment so that they get rid of the flaws on the skin. A microdermabrasion treatment is ideal for:
- People who are affected by pigmentation caused due to intense exposure to the harmful rays of the sun.
- People whose pores on the face are clogged
- Wrinkles on the face
- People who are suffering from severe conditions of acne rosacea and acne scars.
- Stretch marks, hyperkeratosis, uneven skin tone
However, the microdermabrasion treatment is not advisable for patients who have warts on the skin, deep scars, acne and lesions.
Procedure for Skin Polishing
- The first part of the process of microdermabrasion treatment is to place a handpiece beside the skin of the patient after cleaning his face.
- Through the handpiece, a light ray of aluminium oxide crystals penetrates into the skin.
- Through this penetration, the dead cells of the skin along with the debris fall off due to the mild suction which is created by the machine.
- As a result of the suction created and the dead layer getting exfoliated, there is a new layer on the skin. The new layer is a healthier and a thicker layer, which comes into prominence after the dead layer has fallen off.
- Usually, 10 to 15 sessions of microdermabrasion treatments are required to get the full effect of the treatment. The gap between the treatment is usually 2 to three weeks and a full session usually takes about an hour.
- After a microdermabrasion treatment, it becomes very important to take care of the new skin. It is very important to use sunscreen lotion on the skin, after the exfoliation.
- The new skin is very sensitive and there are high chances of the skin getting infected if it is exposed to the sunlight. Hence, it has to be moisturised using a strong SPF.
- Besides, the usual SPF which is applied while going out in the sun after a microdermabrasion treatment, it is also required to use a strong moisturiser so that the raw skin is kept hydrated.
It is important for people to visit a reputed skin specialist for a microdermabrasion treatment. Because too many inexperienced skin specialists who use quick fixes to treat the skin, there have been many hassles in the recent past. Therefore, it is required for the patients to choose a caring skin clinic like Padma Skin Care Clinic for the best treatment.