As a part of natural ageing, our skin loses its softness and flexibility. Irrespective of age or ethnicity, everyone desire to have bright and radiant skin. For most people, dark spots or hyperpigmentation always challenges the glowing skin. Pigmentation is caused due to the buildup of natural skin pigment called melanin. People having black or brown skin tone are more likely to effect from pigmentation problems.
In most people, sun damage and the natural ageing process are the two main skin problems. Some other skin problems include dryness and breakouts due to hormonal fluctuations associated with menopause and stress.
Even heredity can also cause skin irregularities on the face and on other parts of the body. These include wrinkles and acne scars, pigmentation problems like freckles, sunspots. Along with them, your skin may also lose its tone, firmness and glow that is apparent in younger skin.
What is Skin Rejuvenation?
Skin treatment is also termed as skin rejuvenation. This process is intended to enhance the appearance of your skin by using skin care products, topical treatments, and in-office procedures. The main aim of skin rejuvenation is to give younger and feel-good skin.
Skin resurfacing is one of the most common skin rejuvenation procedures. The method refers to any kind of treatment or procedure that physically deal with the top layer of skin. The goal of rejuvenation is to eliminate the damaged cells on the surface of your skin with various techniques, including lasers, light treatments, and acids etc. Both invasive and non-invasive treatments require significant downtime to recover.
Some of the skin whitening procedures include:
- Laser & IPL (Intense Pulse Light) treatments help to remove discolouration of the skin and to tighten saggy skin
- Chemical Peels are of various types where the procedure involves usage of different acidic natured chemicals to remove damaged outer skin layers.
- Dermal Fillers are injected into your skin to improve skin contouring.
- Ablative Laser Treatments used to eliminate lines and wrinkles by removing the outer skin layers.
- Dermabrasion & Dermaplaning are surgical methods that help to get soft skin by eliminating surface irregularities.
- Minimally invasive procedures like Microdermabrasion, Microneedling, Light Acid Peels help to treat light scarring and discolourations
- Botulinum Toxin(Botox) type A treatment helps treat wrinkles through nerve contraction.
- mesotherapy treats the underlying skin conditions, such as poor circulation and inflammation that damage your skin using fine needles to deliver vitamins, enzymes, hormones, through injections to the middle layers of the skin.
Below are various skin conditions that are treated through rejuvenation approaches:
- Static wrinkles which are evident all the time irrespective of facial movements
- Dynamic wrinkles that may appear as folds on the skin and deepen with facial gestures or expressions
- Pigmentation problems like freckles, sun spots, dark patches on the skin that results mainly due to sun exposure
- Scars that may be a result of acne or injury
- Vascular conditions can also be treated through the rejuvenation process
- Loss of skin tone, skin firmness or the development of cellulite
- Dull skin caused due to dead skin cells and clogged pores
Who is Eligible for the Treatment?
Anyone who wants to get a fine and glowing skin can opt for Skin Rejuvenation Treatments.
Recovery After Skin Rejuvenation
After skin rejuvenation procedure is completed, doctors will instruct you about the precautions to be taken to care for the treated skin. Depending on the treatment you may find some common effects range from normal to red and flaky skin, itching, blisters and scabbing up to 4 weeks. You need to discuss with your doctor about the specific treatment plan and possible recovery time.
For more crystal clear information about skin rejuvenation and the procedures associated with it, contact us or book an appointment. At Padma Clinic we have top dermatologists who can deliver promising results.